FAQs (frequently asked questions)
- How much advance notice should clients give Your Front Page?
Answer: Typically, at least three weeks before the milestone date or event. Additional time is helpful, and less time may be workable, depending on other project work under way. It's never too late to ask!
- Do I need to live in the Chicago area to get Your Front Page?
Answer: No. By using his telephone and e-mail, Matt has written for publications with global readership. The same holds true for you.
- Is it possible to meet with Matt, either to explore the possibility of hiring him or during the story-development process?
Answer:Yes. For those who reside near Chicago, Matt can arrange face-to-face interviews upon request.
- How does Matt know what to write about?
Answer:By asking simple questions and paying attention to the answers, Matt identifies key themes, ironies, humorous anecdotes and other compelling story-telling elements. He also knows how to organize the material in an engaging, informative manner.
- What if I don't like some parts of the story?
Answer:As publisher, you have the final word on what does and does not get published. Simply make the requested changes.
- What if I don't know where to begin in telling the recipient's story?
Answer:That's common, particularly when there's so much to everyone's life. One of Matt's strengths is posing general questions that become increasingly specific as details emerge.
- Should the recipient be included in the process?
Answer:That's up to the client. You may prefer to present Your Front Page as a surprise gift, in which case the recipient would obviously not be part of the process.
- How much does Your Front Page cost?
Answer:Fees start at $895. Discounted rates apply for those paying by cash, check or money order, for those paying in full up front, and for those agreeing to a publicity waiver (allowing Matt to use the finished piece for promotional purposes). Ask Matt for more details.
- Do you accept credit cards?
Answer:Yes. However, as noted above, a discount is available for those paying by cash, check or money order.
- How do I contact Matt?
Answer: Call 888.713.5894 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive a response within 24 business hours.